Advantages of butterfly valve:
1. Convenient opening and closing, labor saving, low fluid resistance, and can be operated frequently.
2. The structure is simple, the external dimensions are small, the structural length is short, the volume is small, and the weight is light. It is suitable for valves with large diameter.
3. Mud can be transported, and the least liquid is accumulated in the pipe mouth.
4. Under low pressure, a good seal can be achieved.
5. Good adjustment performance.
6. When fully opened, the effective flow area of the valve seat channel is large, and the fluid resistance is small.
7. The opening and closing torque is small, because the butterfly plates on both sides of the rotating shaft are basically the same under the action of the medium, and the direction of generating torque is opposite, so the opening and closing are more labor-saving.
8. The sealing surface material is generally rubber, plastic, so the low-pressure sealing performance is good.
9. Easy installation.
10. Flexible and labor-saving operation, you can choose manual, electric, pneumatic, hydraulic mode.
Disadvantages of butterfly valve:
1. The operating pressure and operating temperature range are small.
2. Poor sealing.
Butterfly valves can be divided into offset plate type, vertical plate type, inclined plate type and lever type according to the structure.
According to the sealing form, it can be soft-sealed or hard-sealed. The soft seal type generally uses a rubber ring seal, and the hard seal type usually uses a metal ring seal.
According to the connection type, it can be divided into flange connection and wafer connection; according to the transmission mode, it can be divided into manual, gear transmission, pneumatic, hydraulic and electric.
TH Valve is a professional manufacturer of butterfly valve, gate valve, check valve, globe valve, knife gate valve, ball valve with API, JIS, DIN standard, used in Oil, Gas, Marine industry, Water supply and drainage, fire fighting, shipbuilding, water treatment and other systems, with Nominal Diameter of DN50 to DN1200, NBR/EPDM/VITON, Certificates & Approvals: DNV-GL, Lloyds, DNV, BV, API, ABS, CCS. Standards: EN 593, API609, API6D
related news /knowledge: What is the material of the main parts of the butterfly valve?-(2); Characteristics and working principle of electric globe valve; Classification and advantages of gate valve;