Structure and characteristics of butterfly valve
Butterfly valve is mainly composed of valve body, valve stem, butterfly plate and sealing ring. The valve body is cylindrical, with a short axial length and a built-in butterfly plate.
Features of butterfly valve:
1. The butterfly valve has the characteristics of simple structure, small size, light weight, low material consumption, small installation size, rapid switching, 90° reciprocating rotation, and small driving torque. It is used to cut off, connect, and adjust the medium in the pipeline. Has good fluid control characteristics and closed sealing performance.
2. The butterfly valve can transport mud and has the least liquid accumulation at the pipe mouth. At low pressure, a good sealing effect can be achieved. Good adjustment performance.
3. The streamlined design of the butterfly plate makes the fluid resistance loss small, which can be described as an energy-saving product.
4. The valve stem is a through-rod structure. After quenching and tempering, it has good comprehensive mechanical properties, corrosion resistance and scratch resistance. When the butterfly valve is opened and closed, the valve stem only rotates and does not move up and down. The filler of the valve stem is not easy to damage and the seal is reliable. It is fixed with the taper pin of the butterfly plate, and the outgoing end is designed to prevent the outgoing type, so as to prevent the valve rod from collapsing when the connection between the valve rod and the butterfly plate is accidentally broken.
5. Connection methods include flange connection, wafer connection, butt welding connection and lug wafer connection. The driving form includes manual, worm gear transmission, electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-hydraulic linkage and other actuators, which can realize remote control and automatic operation.
You can check the types and structures of butterfly valve on this page: Butterfly Valve
TH Valve is a professional manufacturer of butterfly valve, gate valve, check valve, globe valve, knife gate valve, ball valve with API, JIS, DIN standard, used in Oil, Gas, Marine industry, Water supply and drainage, fire fighting, shipbuilding, water treatment and other systems, with Nominal Diameter of DN50 to DN1200, NBR/EPDM/VITON, Certificates & Approvals: DNV-GL, Lloyds, DNV, BV, API, ABS, CCS. Standards: EN 593, API609, API6D
Related news /knowledge:
Classification and advantages of gate valve;
Classification and introduction of pipe thread-(3);
7 types of flange sealing surface: FF, RF, M, FM, T, G, RTJ;