Butterfly valve, also called flap valve, has a wide range of uses. It is generally installed on pipelines that transport various corrosive and non-corrosive fluid media in gas, natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, cold and hot air, chemical smelting and other engineering systems for adjustment. And cut off the flow of the medium. There are many types of butterfly valves, and different types of butterfly valves have different uses. Butterfly valves are classified according to the sealing form and can be divided into soft-sealed /resilient seated butterfly valves and hard-sealed /metal seated butterfly valves. Although there is only one word difference between the two types of butterfly valves, they are very different in terms of structural materials and application fields. This article will analyze the difference between a resilient seated butterfly valve and a metal seated butterfly valve.
The main difference between resilient seated butterfly valve and metal seated butterfly valve lies in the sealing surface:
The two sides of the sealing pair of the resilient seated butterfly valve are made of metal materials on one side, and the other side is made of elastic non-metallic materials, generally rubber or tetrafluoroplastics. The combination of this sealing material makes the resilient seated butterfly valve have good sealing performance, but it is not resistant to high temperature, easy to wear, and has a short service life.
Both sides of the sealing pair of the metal seated butterfly valve are made of metal materials. The metal-to-metal seal makes the sealing performance of the metal seated butterfly valve normal, but it is resistant to high temperature, pressure and abrasion, and has a long service life.
The seat of the soft sealing butterfly valve is made of rubber or tetrafluoroplastic. It has excellent sealing performance and can achieve zero leakage, but it has a relatively short service life and is not resistant to high temperatures. It is also not suitable for some highly corrosive media pipelines. The sealing seat of the hard-sealed butterfly valve is made of metal material, and the sealing performance is
relatively poor, but it is wear-resistant and has strong pressure resistance. It is suitable for strong corrosive medium pipelines.
In addition to the difference in the sealing surface, the difference between the resilient seated butterfly valve and the metal seated butterfly valve is as follows:
- Resilient seatedbutterfly valves are mostly center-line type. Metal seatedbutterfly valves are mostly single eccentric, double eccentric and triple eccentric.
- The Resilient seatedbutterfly valve is suitable for normal temperature environment. metal seatedbutterfly valves are well adapted to low temperature, normal temperature and high temperature environments.
- The Resilient seatedbutterfly valve is suitable for low pressure and normal pressure environment. metal seated butterfly valveis not only suitable for low pressure and normal pressure, but also suitable for medium and high pressure working environment.
- As mentioned above, the sealing performance of the Resilient seatedbutterfly valve is better than that of the metal seatedbutterfly valve, but now in order to adapt the hard sealing butterfly valve to more working conditions, it has a special process
- The Resilient seatedbutterfly valve is suitable for the two-way opening and closing of the ventilation and dust removal pipeline and the adjustment of water treatment, light industry, petroleum, chemical and other industries. metal seatedbutterfly valves are mostly used in heating, gas, gas, oil, acid and alkali environments.
TH Valve is a professional manufacturer of butterfly valve, gate valve, check valve, globe valve, knife gate valve, ball valve with API, JIS, DIN standard, used in Oil, Gas, Marine industry, Water supply and drainage, fire fighting, shipbuilding, water treatment and other systems, with Nominal Diameter of DN50 to DN1200, NBR/EPDM/VITON, Certificates & Approvals: DNV-GL, Lloyds, DNV, BV, API, ABS, CCS. Standards: EN 593, API609, API6D
Resilient seated socket end gate valve;
electric fluorine-lined butterfly valve vs electric metal seated butterfly valve;
Fluorine-lined butterfly valve vs metal seated butterfly valve;
Electric ball valve-metal seated vs soft-seated type