Risilient seated /Soft sealing butterfly valve is one of the common butterfly valve types. It is a valve with simple structure and easy operation. It is mainly composed of valve body, valve stem, butterfly plate and sealing ring. The inside of the valve body is a cylindrical shape with a built-in butterfly plate. There are usually two ways to form the seal of a soft-seal butterfly valve. One is that the sealing pair is composed of a non-metallic soft material to a non-metallic soft material. Another is that the sealing pair is composed of a metal hard material to a non-metal soft
The most commonly used materials for the seat ring and seat of soft-sealed butterfly valves are EPDM, nitrile rubber, and polytetrafluoroethylene plastic. The soft-sealed butterfly valve with EPDM rubber seat material usually works in a working environment with a pressure less than 2.5Mpa and a temperature of -50~80℃. Applicable media include salts, acids, metal coating solutions, and water. , Wet chlorine, etc. The soft-sealed butterfly valve with nitrile rubber as the seat material usually works in a working environment with a pressure less than 2.5Mpa and a temperature of -10~90℃. The applicable media include water, oil, waste liquid, etc. The soft-sealed butterfly valve with polytetrafluoroethylene as the seat material can be used in an environment where the pressure is less than or equal to 1.6Mpa and the temperature is -196~200℃. The applicable media include heat resistance, cold resistance, general chemicals and solvents, and most of the liquid.
The advantage of the soft sealing butterfly valve is that it has good sealing performance and can achieve zero leakage. The disadvantage is that it is not resistant to high temperature and high pressure, and the sealing surface is easily eroded by the flowing medium, and the service life is short. The characteristics of the soft sealing butterfly valve are as follows:
1. The valve body is small and light, easy to install, disassemble and repair, and can be installed at any position in the pipeline.
2. The whole valve has a simple structure and is very compact, with small operating torque, and can be opened and closed by rotating 90 degrees.
3. It has good flow regulation performance.
4. The seal can be replaced, the sealing performance is good, and the two-way sealing can be achieved.
5. The butterfly plate can be sprayed with a coating layer, such as nylon rubber or polytetrafluoroethylene, according to the needs of users.
6. Flange connection and wafer connection can be designed according to requirements.
7. According to the requirements of the working conditions, the soft-sealed butterfly valve can be driven manually, electrically or pneumatically.
TH Valve is a professional manufacturer of butterfly valve, gate valve, check valve, globe valve, knife gate valve, ball valve with API, JIS, DIN standard, used in Oil, Gas, Marine industry, Water supply and drainage, fire fighting, shipbuilding, water treatment and other systems, with Nominal Diameter of DN50 to DN1200, NBR/EPDM/VITON, Certificates & Approvals: DNV-GL, Lloyds, DNV, BV, API, ABS, CCS. Standards: EN 593, API609, API6D
Fluorine-lined butterfly valve vs metal seated butterfly valve
Difference between Soft seal gate valve and hard seal gate valve
Difference between soft seal butterfly valve and hard seal butterfly valve
Electric ball valve-metal seated vs soft-seated type